Monday, September 14, 2009

Lily's prayer

Lily was so sad when Calvin went to school on his first day that I decided to take her to the library to pick out some new books. She brought in her little magnifying glass and was looking at the words on all of the books. But then she decided it would be more fun to drop the magnifying glass between the stacks of books. Luckily, I saw where it fell and picked it up and put it in my purse. She got into my purse and got it out when I was looking at some books and she hid it again. This time I could not find it. It was time to go and still no luck. So I told Lily that we would say a little prayer for help to find it. She helped me say the prayer and low and behold 10 seconds later it was found. Amazing how both of my kids have had similar lessons with prayer, Calvin with his hammer when he was about the same age as Lily. We didn't forget to say a thank you prayer.

One more random thing Lily bug does these days. She will be very quietly thinking and then she says ,"dea" with enthusiasm, which is her way of saying "I have an idea!" I just love it.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I believe God has a special place in his heart for small children and puts their prayers at the top of His list (so to speak)!!! Very neat experience.

Jaime said...

So sweet! What a great lesson for Lily-Bug!

TD Quong said...

Silly Lily! Remember when she put a penny in my oven? She likes to put things places. But I'm glad she got a spiritiual lesson out of it!