Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother's day

Mother's day was good. Jon woke me with pancakes and blackberries. Jon and the kids made me an adorable card. I picked out a couple of new dresses the week before for my present and Jon got me some flowers.

At church we decided to let all of the women primary teachers go to Relief Society and so we had the men take over everything for primary. I stayed the first hour to watch the guys do sharing and singing time and it was very entertaining to say the least. Men just do not have the finesse that women have with the little ones. But it was a nice break and it was good to hear a lesson for once. The children sang in sacrament meeting and Calvin was so scared, he covered his eyes and wouldn't come off of the stand. I had to go and carry him down. Poor little guy, he just doesn't like a lot of people looking at him. Lily on the other hand was trying to break free of Jon to climb up on the stand.

I just have to say, I love being a mom. I love all of the wonderful moms in my life. And I am glad their is a day to celebrate and think about how awesome it is to be a mom!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I am glad you had a great mothers day. And I agree I love being a mom.